Botanical Builder Framelits & Go Wild DSP

During our training weekend in Telford, we were challenged to come up with a new project using ‘Go Wild’ DSP. I must admit I absolutely love this DSP – it’s made up of such chic designs in neutral colours which makes it uber versatile.  In fact my previous blog showcased the DSP in my ‘home sweet home’ card.  You can also check out my Rose Wonder & Go Wild DSP project on you tube.  Since I’d already done a few clean and simple projects using this DSP, I decided for this challenge I would focus on the bold and the beautiful.

I therefore reached for the stunning botanical builder Framelit Dies. Oh my, these dies are just to die for!! I wanted to go for striking coloured flowers to make them really pop against the black and white zebra design of the DSP.  I chose melon mambo, bermuda bay and island indigo, and finally perfect plum and rich razzleberry. Once the flowers were cut out, I sponged the edges in the coordinating ink to create some dimension. I cut the flower centres from basic black Cardstock and used basic black satin ribbon to draw the focus to the flowers.  I then cut various leafy shapes from the same framelits in basic black Cardstock with some dazzling diamonds leafy accents.  Just love those glittery white accents! Finally I finished the flowers off with some metal rimmed pearls in the centre of each flower and stamped my sentiment from ‘flower patch’. I would never have thought of this design had it not been for the challenge I was set but I absolutely love it. Hope you do too 😘 x

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s