Botanical Builder Framelits & Go Wild DSP

During our training weekend in Telford, we were challenged to come up with a new project using ‘Go Wild’ DSP. I must admit I absolutely love this DSP – it’s made up of such chic designs in neutral colours which makes it uber versatile.  In fact my previous blog showcased the DSP in my ‘home sweet home’ card.  You can also check out my Rose Wonder & Go Wild DSP project on you tube.  Since I’d already done a few clean and simple projects using this DSP, I decided for this challenge I would focus on the bold and the beautiful.

I therefore reached for the stunning botanical builder Framelit Dies. Oh my, these dies are just to die for!! I wanted to go for striking coloured flowers to make them really pop against the black and white zebra design of the DSP.  I chose melon mambo, bermuda bay and island indigo, and finally perfect plum and rich razzleberry. Once the flowers were cut out, I sponged the edges in the coordinating ink to create some dimension. I cut the flower centres from basic black Cardstock and used basic black satin ribbon to draw the focus to the flowers.  I then cut various leafy shapes from the same framelits in basic black Cardstock with some dazzling diamonds leafy accents.  Just love those glittery white accents! Finally I finished the flowers off with some metal rimmed pearls in the centre of each flower and stamped my sentiment from ‘flower patch’. I would never have thought of this design had it not been for the challenge I was set but I absolutely love it. Hope you do too 😘 x


Home Sweet Home

Today I created a new home card for a friend using ‘happy notes’ stamp set and matching lots of labels framelits dies. I started by layering a piece of the chic ‘go wild’ dsp on basic black card stock. I then stamped my image onto whisper white and stamped the sentiment a second time to allow me to cut it out and divide it into strips. I took the three strips of the sentiment, popped each one up on a some dimensional edging, and adhered them over the actual sentiment to make the words pop. I love how this part turned out! I cut my image out using the matching framelits along with a larger label in blushing bride glimmer paper and layered one on top of the other with dimensionals before adhering the card layers to my whisper white card base.Finally, I tied a bow from basic black baker’s twine through a vintage faceted designer button and adhered that to the corner of my image, and scattered some blushing bride sequins for a touch of glamour. Love the simple elegance of this card and the clean black, white and pink colour scheme.